Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mooshy Carmel corn

This is my favorite carmel corn recipe because it is gooey. I have never had it get hard (unlike my other recipe which is hard to begin with), but that may only be because it doesn't last long at my house. I hope you enjoy!

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 cube) butter-I use margarine
1/4 cup light Karo syrup
1 Tbsp Mexican vanilla (I use whatever I have, normally regular vanilla extract)
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
2 packages microwave popcorn (buttered and salted)

Pop popcorn and pour in a large bowl; remove unpopped kernels as you pour. In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, syrup, butter, and vanilla to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly. After 5 min, add sweetened condensed milk and bring back to a boil. Boil for 2 more minutes stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn and mix gently (It's hot!) Let cool 5-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Lynae:

    I'm assuming it's OK with you if we steal your recipes and ideas? Thanks for posting this one. I'm going to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete