Friday, December 10, 2010

Katsu Chicken (or Pork)


I grew up with this one, and Jacob gobbled it up when I made it for him. Very easy and filling too. The sauce is a must, but I wouldn't bother with any other kind to drizzle or dip than the Kikkoman Katsu Sauce pictured at the end.

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins/breasts or pork- filleted (pound if necessary)
1/2 Cup of Flour
2 Eggs beaten
1 1/2 Cup of Panko (has to be Panko) Bread Crumbs
Oil

Sprinkle salt and pepper on raw meat. Put the four, eggs, and Panko in separate plates (I used bowls). Dip the chicken in the four, then eggs and then generously with Panko. Heat up about 2-4 cm of oil in a pan, then put the breaded chicken in and set to low. Flip over until both sides are brown. Serve with rice. I also like to eat it on top of shredded cabbage.

3 comments:

  1. I am excited to make this. I grew up on tonkatsu sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for tonkatsu sauce and cant find it. Where do you get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Natalie, I got mine at Wegmans in the Asian section.

    ReplyDelete