Sunday, February 12, 2012

Salmon Patties


I have a wonderful friend by the name of Melissa (great name eh?) and I follow her cooking blog fairly closely, although I am not quite as dedicated to healthiness as she is. But I got this recipe from her blog and was definitely not disappointed. We made sliders out of them instead of big ones. My kids also gobbled them up like there was no tomorrow.

1 can salmon (14.5 oz), drained and flaked (I just used 3- 5oz cans)
2 eggs
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. dry potato flakes
1/4 c. finely diced red onion
juice of half a lemon (a little more than 1 Tbsp)
5 dashes hot sauce
1/4 t. garlic powder
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
lemon wedges and/or tartar sauce for serving

Preheat skillet over medium heat. Mix all of the ingredients through salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Roll a golf ball sized amount in your hand and flatten to a little less than 1/2 an inch thick. Pour 1 Tbsp oil in the pan and allow to heat. Place patties in pan and cook about 5 minutes on each side until browned. Repeat with remaining mix and oil. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment