Friday, November 23, 2012

Pizza Rolls


So I am sure that someone more brilliant than me has already come up with this....but the other day I just thought, hey what if I made pizza like I make cinnamon rolls?  And thus, the creation.

I have been playing around with my pizza dough recipe because I wanted to improve it.  I think I have almost got it to what I want.  This worked out beautifully and tasted so good.  I have also been playing around with my pizza sauce recipe because it needs it.  I liked what I did today, but am probably still going to change it more.  With that said... here is what I did.

Dough

1 1/4 c. warm water
1 pkg (1 Tbsp) yeast
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, soft, but not melted
no more than 4 c. of flour
1 tsp garlic salt

Proof yeast in warm water.  Beat butter in stand mixer just to mush it up a bit.  Add yeast mixture, salt, and 2 c. flour.  Mix well.  Add only enough flour to make a soft dough that is just a little sticky but you can still handle it.  Knead until smooth and elastic.  Let rise for at least 1 hour.

Sauce

1 can diced tomatoes, partially drained
1 can tomato paste
1/4 tsp pepper (I used fresh ground)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground oregano (you can use the leaves too, I just don't have any)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well somewhat mushing some of the tomatoes.


Pre heat oven to 425. 

Punch down dough and pour out onto a lightly floured surface.  Roll out into a large rectangle.  Spread sauce over dough staying 1 inch away from the edges.  Sprinkle with mozzerella ( I used a whole lb.)  Top with your favorite toppings, we just used pepperoni.  Roll up, sealing edges. 

Cut into 1- 1 1/2 in slices.  Place on a well greased cookie sheet.  Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until you can press down on the middle and it springs back. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment