Thursday, August 27, 2009

Honey Lime Enchiladas

This has become one of our favorite recipes since I got it from my aunt. Especially if you like sweet and spicy together...(its not really spicy).

4 T. honey
2 T. lime juice
1 T. oil (I used olive oil)
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Mexican blend shredded cheese (I use whatever cheese I have, but it is really good with this)
Flour tortillas, soft taco size
1 can green enchilada sauce

Cook and shred 4 chicken breasts. Mix above sauce with shredded chicken. Roll chicken mixture and grated cheese into flour tortillas. Top with green enchilada sauce and a little grated cheese. Bake at 350ยบ for 30-40 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, ever since you made these for us after Collin was born, they are the only chicken enchiladas I'll make! We love them. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried these last night. We didn't have enchilada sauce and substituted it with green salsa. I LOVED the way the honey and lime turned out marinated in chicken. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete