Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes

Sorry I don't have a picture of this one, but it is definitely a keeper. My kids and my husband ask for them, and I always get compliments when I make them.
1.1 ounce flour (about 1/4 c.)
1 c. quick cooking oats
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 c. buttermilk (use the real thing, they are better that way)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 large egg
weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Combine buttermilk, butter and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Cook pancakes until it is bubbley, then flip. Continue to cook until golden brown. Makes about 9-12.
They are really good with fresh fruit on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment