Saturday, May 8, 2010

Avacado Mango Salsa and others

These recipes are so good! I got the first two from Kashann Casper. The last one is my mom's recipe, which I love.

Avocado Mango Salsa:
Dice one avocado, 1-2 roma tomatoes, and one mango
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 c. onion, diced
Juice of one lime (or lemon juice if that's what you have)
Several dashes Frank's Red Hot sauce (all the rage around here)
salt and garlic salt to taste

Coconut Rice
1 1/2 cups rice (Jasmine is best)
1 3/4 cup water
1 can Coconut Milk
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
more chopped cilantro leaves

Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.

Teriyaki Marinade
1 C sugar
1/2 c soy sauce
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp ginger

Mix together until sugar id dissolved. Marinate chicken 2 to 6 hours.
I used this recipe and marinated the chicken in strips for 2 hours. I then put them on skewers with pineapple and grilled them. Delicious!

1 comment: