Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ginger Chicken

1 egg white, beaten
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp white pepper (I don't have this so I just use black pepper, I mean, why be racist.)
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in pieces

Sauce:
1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar

Stir Fry:
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp peanut oil, divided (I have no idea why you can't use veg or canola oil, you can if you want)
1 med green pepper, julienned
3 green onions cut into 1 in lengths (I used regular onion because my green onion had gone bad. I just used one small onion cut into thin wedges.)
1/2 c. bamboo shoots, finely chopped
2-3 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
1/4 c. slivered almonds (optional, I didn't because I forgot, still delicious)

In a large resealable bag combine the first five ingredients. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 min.
For sauce combine ingredients until smooth and set aside.
Drain chicken and discard marinade (I just dumped the whole thing in the frying pan). In large skillet or wok stir fry chicken in 1 Tbsp oil until cooked. Remove and keep warm.
With remaining oil stir fry green pepper and onion for 2 minutes. Add bamboo and ginger and stir fry 3-4 min or until veggies are crisp tender.
Stir sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to boil and cook and stir for 2 min. or until thickened. Add chicken and het through. Sprinkle with almonds and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment