Friday, February 5, 2010

Granola

In response to the request... This is my mom's granola recipe and I LOVE it. I've been making it a lot recently and it is SO easy.

Granola
6-7 c regular rolled oats
1 c wheat germ (or more oats)
½ c flaked coconut
1 c chopped walnuts
½ c cashews (or other)
¾ c brown sugar
¾ c cooking oil
1/3 c water
2 tsp vanilla
1 c raisins (after baking)

Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Mix oil, water and vanilla; add and mix with all. Spread in large, shallow pan and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently (I do it about every 20 mins). Add raisins after baking. Cool and store in a covered container. Servings: 11 cups, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 30 min

3 comments:

  1. Great recipe..I've been looking for a home-made granola recipe. One question though..any idea what the nutrition contents are..just so I can have an idea of how much damage I'll be doing with a batch for myself :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing!!! Even before cooking it, just smelling it was wonderful. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the nutritional contents - it's just an old family recipe; but if you figure them out you can let us know!

    ReplyDelete