Friday, October 23, 2009

Lisa's Linguine

This is my sister's idea of an "easy dinner." I don't think it's very easy, but she made this for me when my brother and I visited her and it's delicious.













Linguine with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

1/2 C. plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil
3. Tbsp. balsalmic vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 C. chopped red onion
1/2 C. chopped and drained oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
1/2 C. dried basil (I've used fresh too and I liked it even more)
4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves ( I do less)
1/2 C. canned low salt chicken broth
1-9oz. package fresh linguine (I do dried), freshly cooked

Whisk 1/2 C. oil, vinegar, garlic, and sugar in a medium bowl to blend. Whisk in onion, tomatoes, and 1/4 C. basil. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet . Saute until brown, about 3 min. per side. Cut into pieces. Add broth, 1/2 C. dressing, 1/4 C. basil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add remaining dressing and basil. Simmer till heated through. Serve over linguine.

No comments:

Post a Comment