Friday, November 27, 2009

Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Pie

This has been my favorite pie to make lately, and you can use the cheesecake layer with any other pie as well. (We made a blueberry cheesecake pie and it was absolutely delicious.) Sorry I don't have a picture.

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pie crust (unbaked, you can buy them but I usually make my own)
1 1/4 c. chopped pecans
1 c. caramel ice cream topping

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell, sprinkle with pecans.

In a small bowl, wisk remaining eggs; gradually wisk in caramel sauce until blended. Pour over pecans.

Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes (I usually do closer to 40 but I think that is just my oven). Or until lightly browned. (loosely cover with foil after 20 min if pie browns too quickly. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before slicing. Refrigerate leftovers.


And here is the pie crust I use:

3 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp salt

Combine in a bowl or mixer. Knife in 1 1/3 c. shortening. In a separate bowl beat 1 egg, 3 Tbsp ice water and 1 Tbsp white vinegar. Add to dry mixtures. Mix until well blended. Roll out on flourered surface to desired size and place in (ungreased) pie pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment