Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken


This recipe is so so easy and took me almost no time at all. Maybe 15 minutes. It is absolutely delicious too! For the first time EVER Creed raved over the dinner because of this meal. It's so good. Make it! And I stole this picture from the site I found it on.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes (I only used 2 for my family, and it was plenty)
6 T. flour seasoned with 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper
1/4 c. olive oil
1/8 c. cornstarch
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. vinegar
1 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
1/2 c. pineapple juice (use reserved juice)
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 T. soy sauce
1 red bell pepper, sliced (we also used a green pepper)
1/4 c. onion, sliced
Coat chicken in flour and fry in olive oil until browned. Drain and set aside. In same skillet, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, chicken broth and soy sauce. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes (mine reduced much faster, so I added about 1/2 c. water to make it more saucy). Add chicken, peppers, onions, and pineapple. Cook until heated through. Serve over rice. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! It's the first recipe I've ever seen for sweet and sour chicken that doesn't require ketchup.

    ReplyDelete